My obsession with smoothie bowls is no secret – I have one every single day. They are inspired by the acai bowls I ate while in Hawaii, but I put my own spin on it as I don’t actually use any acai.
Ingredients in Order of Use
- Non-food items: Magic Bullet or other blender, bowl, spoon
- Frozen berries
- Ground almonds
- Flax seed powder
- All-bran oats
- Greek yogurt
- Sliced almonds
- Greek yogurt chips
- Hemp hearts
- Chia seeds
1. Fill your Magic Bullet half way with frozen berries.
2. Add half a spoonful of ground almonds.
3. Add half a spoonful of flax powder.
4. Add two spoonfuls of all-bran oats (rolled oats work well too).
5. Top with two spoons of Greek yogurt (or any thick yogurt).
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Add enough water to cover the dry ingredients.
8. Blend it all in the Magic Bullet.
9. Empty the contents into a bowl.
10. Slice a banana around the sides.
11. Sprinkle with granola.
12. Add some slivered almonds on top.
13. Flavour with Greek Yogurt chips, hemp hearts, chia seeds and honey.